In 2016, the State Government of Haryana launched Saksham Yuva Yojana to support the unemployed youth. The scheme revolves around the welfare of the unemployed graduates in the state by providing them with a monthly unemployment allowance.
What are the objectives of Saksham Yuva Yojana?
Saksham Yuva Yojana/Scheme is a growing initiative by the State Government of Haryana which focuses on the upliftment and welfare of the unemployed but educated youth.
- The plan aims to develop more employment opportunities for the young generation and acts on their placement in varied departments of State Government.
- Providing Unemployment Allowance and Honorarium to the eligible youth
- The scheme allows the applicant to choose the skill in which he/she wants to develop so that it ultimately makes them able enough to get employment or take up self-employment in whichever sector they wish to do so.
Components of the Scheme
There are 2 major components that form the structure of this scheme:
- Up to Rs.3,000/- monthly allowance to the Unemployed
- Rs.100 per month to Matriculation qualified applicants (male or female)
- Rs.900 per month to 10+2 or equivalent qualified applicants
- Rs.1500 per month to Graduates or equivalent
- Rs.3,000 per month to Post Graduates or equivalents
- Monthly Honorarium up to Rs.6,000/- per month for maximum 100 hours of honorary assignment in a month under various Departments/Boards/ Corporations/Registered Societies etc. registered under the Haryana Government and in Private companies/enterprises (as per their requirement).
Eligibility Criteria for the Scheme
There is a certain criteria to obtain the benefits from this scheme. Here is a breakup of eligibility requirements for both the components of Saksham Yuva Yojana:
For Monthly Unemployed Allowance
- The applicant should be a domicile of Haryana
- The applicant should have completed:
1. 10+2 or a Two year certificate/diploma course passed after Matric from any Board/University recognized by Haryana Government
2. Graduation from a University recognized by Haryana Government
3. Post-graduation from a University recognized by the Haryana Government
3. He/she should be registered under the Live Register of Employment Exchange (any) in the State for a minimum period of three years as on 1st November of the year
(If you are not already registered, click here to register)
4. Minimum age to enter the scheme is 21 years and 35 years is the maximum age
5. Employees dismissed from any Government service are not eligible to benefit from the scheme
6. He/She should not be employed in any sector- public/private sector/quasi-government or self-employment
7. The annual family income must not exceed Rs.3 Lakhs from all sources
- The applicant of the scheme should have passed 10+2/graduation/post-graduation
- He/She must be a domicile of Haryana
- He/She must be registered under the Live Register of the concerned Employment Exchange
- He/She must have completed the Post-graduation degree through regular courses from Punjabi University, Patiala, and any recognized Universities in UT Chandigarh or NCT Delhi or Haryana
- He/She must have attended 10+2 as a regular student
- His/Her age must be between 18 to 35 years for 10+2 and 21 to 35 years for graduate/post-graduate.
- The annual family income should not exceed Rs.3 lakhs from all sources
- The applicant should not be employed in any of the following sectors- public/private/quasi-government/self-employment.
Also, read – Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana: How to Apply?
Saksham Yuva Yojana Registeration Process
The eligible candidates must follow the mentioned steps to get enrolled for the benefits of this scheme:
- Log-in to the website: http://hrex.gov.in/
- Click on “Free Job Seekers Registration”
- Read all the instructions carefully and click on “Continue Registration”
- You will see a 5-page form opened on the redirected page. Fill the form properly and ‘Save/Next’
- Now, you will be registered for the scheme.
- Submit the required documents along with the copy of the provisional I-card to the concerned/local employment exchange within 15 days of online registration
- After this, visit the official website- https://hreyahs.gov.in/parvesh.php and log-in to Saksham Yuva page
- Now, another form will open which should be filled and submitted carefully
The following documents must be submitted duly while getting enrolled for the process:
- Proof of Identity
- Educational Certificates- (10+2/Graduation/Post-Graduation marksheet and degree)
- PAN Card
- Bank account details
How to track application status?
On the official website of the scheme, go to menu bar and click on ‘Applicant Details‘. Enter the required details and proceed to ‘Search’ to check the status of the application.