• Observances : Puja, Vrata (fast), recitation of Ramayana Katha, Havan, Dāna (charity), Music Festival
•The Date : Ninth Chaitra Day (Chaitra Shukla Paksha Navami)
• Date for 2020 : April 2nd (Thu)
• Date for 2021 : April 21 (Wed)
• The Frequency :Annually
• A Rath Yatra (chariot procession) is organised on this day, where people dress up like Laxman, Sita, Lord Ram and ride the chariot as they walk with a group of devotees.
• Ram Navami 2020 Date in India: Ram Navami is the final day of ChaitraNavratri’s9-day-longrun.
• The day is considered particularly auspicious, andmarks the birthday of Lord Ram as well.
• The day, especially in various parts ofNorth India, is celebrated with great aplomb.Needless to say, in Ayodhya, the place where LordRam was born, it takes on the most significance.
A Rath Yatra (chariot procession) is organised every year on this day where people dress up like Laxman,Sita, Lord Ram and ride the chariot as a group of devotees follow them and walk with them.In Sitamarhi (Bihar), the place where Sita was born, also in Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu), the day is also celebrated withgreat gusto, from where it is believed that Lord Ram started his historical journey to Lanka to rescue her from Ravana.
Madhyahna, which lasts for six ghatis (about 2 hours and 24 minutes), is believed to be the holiest time for Rama Navami Puja to perform. Couplets of the Ramayana and Ramscharit Manasare also narrated at some temples. Many even chant the name of Lord Ram all throughout the day.
5. The pronunciation of the word Rama three times is like recalling thousands of gods.
6. Ram Setu Construction and Length
7. Taking Samadhi through Lord Rama
• The name of the seventh avatar of the god Vishnu is Rama. In the Hindu lunar calendar, Navami is the ninth day (tithi) of the fortnight (paksha).
• Rama Navami is a Hindu Festival that celebrates Lord Rama’s birthday. The festival is part of Vasanta Navaratri, a Hindu spring festival that lasts ten days.
• RELIGIOUS SIGNIFICANCE BEHIND THIS :
The Ramayana, one of the two main ancient Indian Sanskrit epics that form part of the Hindu scripture, tells the storey of Rama’s life. Rama’s journey to save Princess Sita from the clutches of Ravana, the evil king of Lanka, starts in this text, in which Sita is exiled. Sita is returned to Rama after a triumphant conquest with the aid of an army of monkeys, marking the beginning of a golden age for all mankind.
Devotees typically begin their celebrations with fasting, which is broken with a sumptuous feast in honour of Rama at the end of daylight hours. The Ramayana tale is recited throughout the day and followed by Puja, a prayer ritual of devotional worship. In those cities that are referenced in the Ramayana storey, such as Ayodhya, special commemorative celebrations are held.
Common greetings during Rama Navami relate to the desire to enjoy the prosperity bestowed on mankind at the end of the Ramayana narrative. For example:
1. Warm greetings on the auspicious occasion of the birth of Lord Rama. Happy Ram Navami!
2. May this day brings happiness to you and fill your life with joy and prosperity.
3. Warm wishes on Ram Navami! May Lord Ram shower his blessings on you and your family, I wish joy, harmony and prosperity on Ram Navami for you and your family.
• Points to keep in mind in case you are planning on this day to observe a fast:
1. Eating fruits can help you stay both hydrated and healthy; they can be consumed raw or as juice or shakes.
2. Avoid using turmeric, red chilly powder, and salt in some form of prepara
A starchy and energetic meal, otherwise referred to as sabudana, can be made from sago. Who does not love a bowl made out of it, full of khichdi, wada, or payasam?
• RAM NAVAMI 2021 DATE and Mahurat Celebrations of Shree Rama Navami start from the first day of Chaitra Navratri until Navami.
*Moment of Rama Navami:-
Madhyanha – 12:28 PM
Navami Tithi Starts on April 21, 2021 – 12:43 AM
Navami Tithi Ends – 22 April 2021 – 12:35 AM
CELEBRATION of Ram Navami
Sriramanavami is a major Hindu festival with great devotion, is widely celebrated.Amongst the Vaishnavites, ShriRama Navami is extremely popular. The celebration encompasses:
1.The Ramayan Narration takes place on Rama Navami.
2.Ramaraksha Stotra is recited by people
3.Kirtans are organised
4.Shree Ram’s Idol gets ready with lovely ornaments.
5.Lord Ram’s idol swings in the cradle.
• OUTSIDE INDIA:
Rama Navami is one of the Hindu festivals with origins in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and TamilNadu celebrated by the Indian Hindu diaspora. The descendants of Indian indentured servants/slaves who were forced to leave India by the then British rule engineering a famine in these areas, and then promised for work were transported before 1910 to colonial South Africa to work in British-owned plantations and mines, then lived through the South African. Ram Navami continued to be celebrated by the regime by reciting Ramayana, singing Tyagaraja and Bhadrachala Ramdas bhajans. In modern times, the practise continues in the Hindu temples of Durban every year.
Likewise, in Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, Jamaica, other Caribbean nations, Mauritius, Malaysia, Singapore, and many other colonial-era Hindu descendants, indentured workers/slaves forced from India by the British government have continued to observe Ram Navami along with their other traditional festivals .
Hindus in Fiji and those Fiji Hindus who have re-migrated elsewhere are also celebrated .
Any name or copyright material of a third party used in the article is for information purposes only. All the copyright information belongs to the owner and we do not have any kind of paid service.