The PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs on June 01, 2020-21, for providing affordable Working Capital loans to street vendors to resume their livelihoods that are adversely affected thanks to Covid-19 lockdown.
The duration of the scheme is until 2022.
This scheme targets to profit over 50 lakh Street Vendors.
A vendor, according to the scheme guidelines is any person engaged in vending of articles, goods, wares, food items or merchandise of daily use or offering services to the public in a street, footpath, pavement etc., from a short lived built up structure or by moving from one place to other . The goods supplied by
they include vegetables, fruits, ready-to-eat street food, tea, pakodas, breads, eggs, textile, apparel, artisan products, books/ stationary etc. and the services include barber shops, cobblers, pan shops, laundry services etc.
To avail the loan, a vendor should
- Possess Certificate of Vending / Identity Card issued by Urban Local Bodies (ULBs);
- The vendors, who have been identified in the survey of street vendors but have not been issued Certificate of Vending / Identity Card;
- In case a vendor is left out of the survey, he/she need to produce one of the following documents to obtain the Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from Urban Local Bodies /TVC:
- Documents of past loan taken from a bank/ NBFC/ MFI for the purpose of vending; or
- Membership details, If a member of street vendors’ association like NASVI, NHF, SEWA, etc.; or
- Any other documents to prove that s/he is a vendor;
- The vendor can also request ULB through a simple application on white paper to conduct a local inquiry to ascertain the genuineness of his/her claim for receipt of LoR.
- KYC document needed : Aadhaar Card / Voter’s Identity Card / Driving Licence / MNREGA Card / PAN Card.
To check if your name is present in the survey of street vendors, chttps://pmsvanidhi.mohua.gov.in/Schemes/SearchVendor
- Vendors can avail of a capital loan of up to Rs. 10,000, which is repayable in monthly installments within the tenure of 1 year.
- On timely/ early repayment of the loan, an interest subsidy @ 7% once a year is going to be credited to the bank accounts of beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer on a quarterly basis.
- There will be no penalty on the repayment of loans.
- The scheme also promotes digital transactions through cashback incentives up to Rs. 100 per month.
- The vendors can avail of the facility of escalation of the credit limit on timely/ early repayment of the loan.
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
How to Apply for PMUY Ujjawala Yojana?
Application for brand spanking new gas connection under PMUY scheme are often submitted offline. As of now, no online application facility is out there for citizens. However, applicants can avail the appliance form online from the official website of this scheme.
The complete procedure for PM Ujjwala Yojana 2020 registration is given as under-
Step 1- form
An eligible woman can obtain the appliance form either in Hindi or English from the closest LPG distributor or by visiting the official website of PMUY.
Online form are often obtained by following the straightforward steps given below-
- Go to the official website i.e. https://pmuy.gov.in.
- Click on the “Download Form” given on the homepage.
- Links for all the kinds of forms available will appear.
- Click on “Ujjala Form Hindi” link or as per your language preference.
- Application form pdf will appear.
- Download the appliance form pdf and take a printout of it.
- If you would like to use, you’ll also download the appliance form from the links shared above during this post.
Step 2- Filling details
Once applicants have obtained the appliance form, they need to fill the small print correctly within the form. These details include-
- Applicant’s name
- AHL Tin No.
- Applicant’s signature etc.
- Applicants can choose EMI option for LPG stoves or first refill or both.
Step 3- Submitting form
After filling the appliance form, applicants need to submit it at the LPG Distributor office. While submitting the appliance form, applicant woman also has got to submit aadhaar number of all the relations of the household, Jandhan checking account, and detailed address.