Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada yojana was launched on 10th September 2020 by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with the chief minister of Bihar and many other officials. Under the scheme of Rs. 12340 crores of rupees are proposed for Marine related activities. The aim of the scheme is to improve fish production by 70 lakhs tones by the year 2024-25. The scheme is to increase fisheries export earnings, double the income of the fisheries, reduction in the harvest losses from 20 to 25 %. The generation of 55 lakhs employment opportunities in the fishing sector and allied activity farmers. The scheme is beneficial for fishermen of minority sections of society for their progress and development. Financial help is provided to them by the central government to improve their living conditions and increase their income level.
The finance minister of India has reported 20,000 crores under the scheme. It has been so to enable us to address the basic framework holes for fishery areas. The total amount of 11,000 crore rupees will be spent on marine, inland fisheries, and aquaculture.
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME (PRADHAN MANTRI MATSYA SAMPADA YOJANA 2020)
- To improve the horticulture.
- Modernize the handling and abatement of agrarian waste
- To use potential in the fishery area.
- To build up a powerful, efficient fishery board structure.
- The blue revolution will enable us to achieve a primary spot on the planet for fish creation.
- It includes MOFP’s plan for eg- Food parks, safety, and infrastructure.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME (PRADHAN MANTRI MATSYA SAMPADA YOJANA 2020)
• Scheme will help to improve the current framework of the chain of ranch entryway to retail outlets.
• It will help in increasing the development of preparing of food section in the country.
• It helps in the development of GDP gross domestic product, employment.
• Reduction in huge waste produced by horticulture items.
• To give better cost to ranchers and increase their salaries.
• Improvement in the creation of fish, efficiency by development and to broaden and benefit the use of land and water.
• Improvement in commandment to Agriculture GVA and fares.
• Ensuring the physical, social, and financial security for fishers and fish ranchers.
• Ensuring active management of fisheries and its administrative structure.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE SCHEME
1. For people living in the hilly, plain areas allowance will be given of Rs 1, 20,000, and 1,30,000 respectively.
2. Any household with an annual income of Rs 18 lakh can apply for the scheme
3. The applicant or his family should not be owning any pucca house in the country.
BENEFICIARIES OF THE SCHEME (PRADHAN MANTRI MATSYA SAMPADA YOJANA 2020)
Fish workers and vendors
Various fisheries development corporations
Entrepreneurs and private firms
Online registration of the scheme is through the application form to be filled. It’s a central government scheme for the benefits of fisheries, fishermen. The scheme is implemented which will provide benefits to 2 million ranchers and will be enabled to produce 5 lakh and 30 thousand immediate employment in the country. The scheme will be enabled to create modern infrastructure, effective, efficient supply management, helps in increase in growth of food processing in India, increase in gross domestic product, employment, and investment, helps to reduce wastage of agriculture products, offers better prices to farmers and increase their income level.
The scheme will enable us to bring improvement in the production of fish, the goal of modernization and strengthening of the fisheries is to be achieved. Various activities are being implemented under the scheme like genetic improvement program, nucleus breeding center and training center, awareness programs, to modernize the fishing ports of the central government and of its different institutions, the establishment of a fish farmer producing companies, etc. The harnessing of the fishery’s potential in a sustainable, responsible manner.
The implementation strategy of the scheme includes that the majority of the activities under the scheme will get active participation of the state governments, the emergence of new and advanced technology to improve production, productivity, quality of wastelands, and water for aquaculture. Activities like mariculture, seed weed cultivation will be enabled to generate employment and promote it. The scheme focuses on the development and growth of fisheries as an occupation. It will also help in doubling the export of fish in the upcoming 3 to 4 years. The yojana enables us to address the gaps between fish production, technology, quality, and productivity. The scheme benefits fishermen of the minority section of the society. It encourages occupations related to fisheries. The government through this scheme wants to provide all the fishermen with the benefits of welfare programs and social security schemes.
STEPS FOR APPLYING ONLINE (PRADHAN MANTRI MATSYA SAMPADA YOJANA 2020)
- Firstly, visit the official website of the government.
- Then, click on Apply now option.
- The application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill the right, accurate details like name, father’s name, etc for successful registration under the scheme.
- Then, submit the application form.