The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana scheme is a skill development initiative by the Government of India for recognizing and standardizing of skills. The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is for skill training of youth by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship through National Skill Development Corporation. The scheme covers 10 million youth during the period of 2016-2020. Training and Assessment fees completely to be paid by the Government. Skill training will be done on the basis of the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) and industry-led standards.
The scheme is to encourage aptitude towards the employable skills and increase the working efficiency of probable and existing daily wage earners, giving them monetary awards and rewards and providing them with quality training. The award amount is up to 8,000 rupees. Training programs have worked out on the basis of National Occupational Standards and packs of qualification developed in different sectors of skills. The scheme was launched on 16th July 2015.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME [PRADHAN MANTRI KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA]
• A skill certification scheme aims to help a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-related skills training.
• To encourage standardization in the certification process.
• To start the process to create a registry of skills.
• To mobilize and encourage a large number of youth to take up skill training so that to earn their livelihood.
• To increase the productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification.
• To provide rewards to candidates who are undergoing skill training by the authorized institutions.
• Overall 25 lakh youth will be benefited from this scheme.
FEATURES OF THE SCHEME
Short term training
To recognize the prior learning of the candidate.
Assistance in placements
Standardized branding and communication
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THE SCHEME
• Candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
• Should be unemployed or drop out of college.
• The youngsters who are eligible to work can apply for this scheme.
• One who have passed 12 class or have graduated.
• The applicant have to be registered under any scheme for one year.
• After the completion award will be given by the government.
Also, read – Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana: Enrollment Process
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME [PRADHAN MANTRI KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA]
It provides free of cost industry related training to unemployed youth, college or school dropouts and makes them fit for gaining employment.
The scheme offers valid certification and skills India card basis on which candidates apply for a job and earn a livelihood.
Offers financial and placement help for candidates who have been awarded the certificate.
The scheme also offers training to the youth who already have prior experience and to bridge the gap between skills and industry requirements.
The scheme contributes to the country’s economic development for the creation of a skilled workforce.
STEPS TO APPLY ONLINE FOR THE SCHEME [PRADHAN MANTRI KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA]
Official website – http://pmkvyofficial.org/
- Visit the official website of the government.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the option labeled Quick Links.
- Then, click on the skill India link.
- Then, the portal will open of skill India.
- Then, candidates have to click on the option register as a candidate link to open the registration form.
- Then, fill the required details like the candidate’s name, address, preferred programs, and interest in particular fields.
- Click on the submit button to complete the registration process.
National skill development corporation is responsible for the implementation of the Kaushal Vikas mission. Training is affiliated under central and state governments. Training providers have to register themselves on the smart portal in order to become an approved participant under the scheme. Kaushal Vikas yojana offers courses on good work ethics, behavioral change related to cleanliness, personal grooming, and other soft skills. The courses are offered for the duration of 3 months, 6 months, 1 year which depends upon the matter of the subject. The government pays the amount of rupees 8,000 for the course.
The training scheme leads to improvement in employability, to study a particular skill or vocational skill which is in demand. The scheme enables to reduce the unemployment level in the country and enable to boost the productivity of the workforce of the country by helping them acquire the high quality of skills and training in various fields.
It also helps to increase the skill training activities in-country and enables one to happen skill training at a fast pace without comprise in the quality. Skills are acquired for getting employment and to become self-reliant. Due to this scheme, poverty will be reduced in the country. Under this scheme, 24 lakh of workers will be included in the duration of the first year and the aim is to take it to approx 40.2 crores by the year 2022.