– To supply coverage and support to the farmers within the event of failure of any of the notified crops as a result of natural calamities, pests & diseases.
– To stabilize the income of farmers to make sure their continuance in farming.
– To make sure the flow of credit to the agriculture sector.
The Scheme shall be implemented through a multi-agency framework by selected insurance companies under the general guidance & control of the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW), Government of India (GOI), and therefore the concerned State in coordination with various other agencies.
The Scheme can cover all the Crops that past yield data is out there and grown during the notified season, during a Notified Area and that yield estimation at the Notified Area level are going to be available supported a requisite number of Crop Cutting Experiments (CCEs) being a neighborhood of the overall Crop Estimation Survey (GCES).
FARMERS TO BE COVERED:
All farmers growing notified crops during a notified area 4 during the season who have an interest within the crop are eligible
• Compulsory Component. All farmers who avail the Seasonal Agricultural Operations loans from Financial Institutions for the notified crop would be covered compulsorily.
• Voluntary Component
Who Can Apply Online for PMFBY:
Online the farmers who haven’t availed any loan through the Kisan Mastercard are eligible to use online for PMFBY. Since the crop insurance is mandatory for farmers who chose to avail seasonal crop loans through Kisan Mastercard, they will apply for PMFBY only through the banks.
How to Apply Online for PMFBY
Below is that the complete procedure of the way to apply online for agriculture insurance under PMFBY 2020. Online applications for PMFBY are often made through the official portal either employing a smartphone or desktop/laptop device.
STEP 1: Visit the official PMFBY portal.
STEP 2: On the homepage and then click at the “Farmer Corner – Apply for Crop Insurance by Yourself” section.
STEP 3: On clicking at the farmers’ corner, create a replacement user account by clicking at the “Guest Farmers” tab to open the PMFBY crop insurance registration form for brand spanking new farmers.
STEP 4: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana online form for the year 2020 will appear
STEP 5: Enter farmers’ details like name and mobile number (Also Verify mobile number), residential details, farmer ID, checking account number, and details & click at the “Create User” button.
STEP 6: After making registration, farmers can log in using their registered mobile number to fill the remaining form for crop insurance, upload the specified documents, and complete the web application process.
Also Read: Free Smartphone Scheme 2020
PMFBY List of Documents
Following is that the complete list of documents required for crop insurance under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
1. Aadhar Card
2. Bank Passbook (Bank Account Details), Bhoo-Abhilekh, Sowing Certificate
3. If you’re the landowner, the Khasra Number / Khaata Number document is required.
4. Sowing certificates are often an easy white book with details of sowing signed by Patwari, Sarpanch, or Pradhan of the village. The procedure is different for various states, contact your nearest bank branch for this.
5. If you’re the sharing-basis farmer, then a replica of agreement with the landowner with Khasra Number / Khaata Number mentioned thereon are going to be required for registration.