Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) was being launched by the Government on 25th June 2015, under this scheme it provides housing to all urban areas by 2022. Under this scheme the Central assistance to the implementing agencies through the State/ Union Territories (UTs) and Central Nodal Agencies (CNAs). They will help them to provide to all the eligible families and for the validation demand of providing houses for about 1.12 Crores. As we consider as PMAY(u) guidelines the size of the house that they will provide will up to 30sq.mt.carpet area. This size of the house is approved by the Minister.
Under this scheme, the women empowerment from EWS and LIG in the earlier schemes and also PMYA (u) has made it compulsory for the female head of the family to be the owner of the house or they also can be co-owner. The initiative aims to complete 2 crore houses by the year 2022 and has made quite remarkable progress towards that result.
*Objective of PM Aawas Yojana:-
• The main objective of this scheme is to provide houses to helping people living in urban areas.
• Because they are mot having there home, as per there financial crises which they have to face due to many issues which they undergo.
• Under this scheme it also provides women empowerment to be the lady boss of the house, instead of the lady of the urban area who use to work in urban areas.
• It helps in providing a home to many of the people by the completion year of 2022.
• Under this scheme no family should be live without a house in urban areas.
• It helps in overcoming the rate of the poverty level to a greater extent.
*Eligibility of PM Aawas Yojana:- [Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2020-21]
The eligibility criteria of this PM Aawas Yojana is mentioned below:-
• The applicant who is applying for this scheme must be a permanent citizen of India.
• The candidate should not own any house and property, in India. It is furtherly added that not a single family member should own a brick and mortar house.
• Applicants who are purchasing or constructing their house can apply for this scheme. This initiative is not applicable for renovation or other purposes.
• The person who wants to have benefited from this scheme, should not have applied for any other scheme who is providing a house.
• The candidate annual income should not be more than RS 3Lakhs, it was for economically weaker sections.
• For the lower-income group the annual household income is between Rs 3 Lakh and Rs 6 Lakh.
• Middle-income Group 1, for there household income should be Rs 6 lakh to 12 Lakhs.
• For middle-income Group 2, for there household income should be Rs 12 lakh and below 18 Lakh.
• And the Candidate family should not own there own house.
*Registration process for PM Aawas Yojana:- [Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2020-21]
For the Registration process for PM Aawas yojana, the candidate should follow the following steps.
Step 1:- Firstly the Candidate needs to see in which category he/she will be benefited.
Step 2:- After that visit the official website of this scheme i.ehttp://pmaymis.gov.in
Step 3:- After visiting the site, the homepage will appear on the screen on the screen you need to click on the “Click Assessment” under the menu bar and select the application category.
Step 4:- After that, the candidate will be redirected to a different page, there you need to fill your Aadhaar details.
Step 5:- After that, fill the application form of PMAY with your personal details, and bank account details, and current residential address.
Step 6:- Now you need to enter the Captcha Code and verify the details for accuracy and submit the application form.
You can track the application status later on by clicking on ‘Track your Assessment Status’ under ‘Citizen Assessment’.
If the candidate is not able to apply online for this PMAY then he should also apply offline to take advantage of this scheme. Simply visit a state government-run Common Service Centre and fill up the application form for just Rs.25. This scheme form is also accepted in private centers or banks are allowed to accept offline PMAY applications.