National Scholarship Portal 2020 (NSP) was launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government Of India. The portal is launched by the Central Government of India. The beneficiaries are the students. A digital scholarship platform that carries multiple scholarships that are offered by the central government, state governments, and various agencies like (UGC) University Grant Commission. The portal hosts 50 scholarships worth hundred scholarship seekers that are registered on the platform. The scholarship helped the government implemented and disburse scholarships.
The portal has emerged to be one of the most prominent portals that offer scholarships to students in a variety of services. To offer a simplified, responsive, and transparent system for the effective, efficient disposal of scholarships. There is direct disposal of funds in the student’s account.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PORTAL
Ensures that scholarships are given to students on time.
Offers a common platform for central and state government scholarship
Creates transparency in scholarship’s database.
To avoid duplication in the processing of the application.
To harmonize the different scholarships and their norms.
To ensure the application of direct benefit transfer.
BENEFITS OF PORTAL (NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL 2020)
To find all kinds of scholarships on one platform only.
Filling of single integrated applications for all the scholarships which simplify the process.
Transparency is offered to the users of the portal.
All the data is available on a single platform of various courses and institutions.
A hassle-free submission of online application.
DIFFERENT SCHOLARSHIPS IT OFFERS
It covers all types of scholarships for students studying from class 1 to Ph.D. level.
REGISTRATION FOR THE SCHOLARSHIPS (NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL 2020)
• First check the eligibility of the scholarships available.
• Then, register yourself with NSP.
• Apply for the scholarship one is eligible for.
• Verification of the application will be done by the authorities.
• Status of the application will be tracked through the portal.
• If the verification is successful, then the amount of the scholarship will be directly credited to the account of the eligible student.
STEPS TO APPLY ONLINE FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
The following steps to be followed for applying online-:
Official website – https://scholarships.gov.in/
1) Firstly, visit the homepage.
2) Then, click on the search for institutes option.
3) Fill the necessary details and get the institutions list.
4) To visit the home page of the portal.
5) Then, click on the new registration button.
6) The guidelines will appear for registration.
7) Click on the continue button.
8) Fill all the required details.
9) Click on the Register option.
10) Student ID of the application and password will be received on the mobile number.
11) Then, log in to start the process of the scholarship application.
12) An OTP will be received on the mobile number.
13) Password has to be changed.
14) Application dashboard page will appear.
15) Click on the application form to start filling the application.
16) Fill all the necessary basic, academic details in an accurate manner.
17) Then click on the save button and continue.
18) Add contact details, upload the necessary documents.
19) Then, click on the final submission button.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SCHOLARSHIP REGISTRATION
Bank account passbook.
Bonafide Certificate of student
KEY SERVICES OF NSP
- User Manual to provide students with detailed information about the registration and process of application.
- Eligibility of the scheme in which students have to give information about gender, annual income of parents, status of the disability, etc.
- The list of applicants who are selected for the scholarship and the user needs to tell the information about the academic year, type of application, etc.
- Information about the nodal officers
- Details about the district nodal officers.
Scholarship can also be applied through a mobile application that was launched in the year 2018. Mobile apps have made the scholarship application process more convenient and easier for students to apply. The app includes end to end services of NSP and access and application is also given through the application.
STEPS TO FILL THE INSTITUTE REGISTRATION FORM
• Go to the official website of the NSP.
• Home-page will appear
• Click on institute login option.
• Form will appear in which details of the academic year, user id, new password, captcha code.
• Then log in to the NSP profile.
• Registration form will appear.
• Required details will be filled like the name and nature of the institute, affiliated board of the institute, student strength, address, state, district, etc.
• OTP will be received on a registered mobile number.
• Reference ID will be generated.
So, this portal helps students to avail of the benefits of scholarship by applying online or through a mobile app. Both the medium is convenient, efficient, and easy for students to register and fill the application form. It’s being launched by the government of India for the welfare of the students.