KISHORE VAIGYANIK PROTSAHAN YOJANA (KVPY)
It is a Government Program.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2020 is a scholarship scheme and Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is funded by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India.
It Amis at encouraging students to take up research careers in the area of basic sciences.
It was launched by Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the year 1999.
Students must pass the KVPY exam to avail of the benefits of this scheme.
*OBJECTIVES:- KISHORE VAIGYANIK PROTSAHAN YOJANA 2020 (KVPY)
Identifying the right candidates.
-Assist them to realize their potential.
1. Encourage them to take research as a career.
2. The main objective of the KISHORE VAIGYANIK PROTSAHAN YOJANA is to identify students with talent and aptitude for research and to encourage them to take up research careers in science and technology.
3. The selection of students is based on those who studying in XI standard to 1st year of any undergraduate Program in Basic Science, which includes B.SC./ B.S/ B.Stat./B.Math./.int. M.Sc/M.S in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology having an aptitude for scientific research.
4. Special groups’ s/committees are being set up at the IISc screen, the application of conduct an aptitude test at various centers in the country.
5. Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students are called for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
For receiving a scholarship both aptitude tests and interview marks are considered.
*ONLINE REGISTRATION:- KISHORE VAIGYANIK PROTSAHAN YOJANA 2020 (KVPY)
Official website- http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/
–Step 1:- Firstly, the candidate should go the official website I .ekvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
-Step 2:– Click on the registration link.
Step 3:- Filled the detail information of the students, such as contact details.
Step 4:– Once you complete your registration, your User ID, Password will be sent to your registered contact number and email id.
-Step 5:- Now, the Candidate should again login to fill the rest of the form and then submit it.
-Step 6:- After that candidate has to upload their soft copies of passport-sized photographs and signature.
-Step 7:– After uploading it SAVE it.
-Step 8:- At last, students have to pay the prescribed fees, if they complete their document submission process.
-Step 9:– Don’t forget to take the transaction number or reference future for future reference.
-Step 10:- The form is filled.
If the candidate is having the previous year’s sample paper of KVPY it will go free of cost.
*Eligibility Criteria:- KISHORE VAIGYANIK PROTSAHAN YOJANA 2020 (KVPY)
- Students who are applying for KVPY 2020 must have the detailed eligibility standards mention below.
- Which includes educational conditions for each stream- SA/ SX/ SB, which candidates must fulfill to avail the fellowship program.
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for the KVPY exam.
- STREAM:- SA
Eligibility:- Candidate who enrolled themselves in class 11th( science stream ) must apply for this exam. Maximum marks:- Students must have pass class 10th with Mathematics and science subjects with a minimum of 75% ( 65% for SC/ST/PwD).
Eligibility:- Qualifying exam:- Candidate’s who have taken admission in class 12th(science stream ) can apply. Minimum Marks:- Candidate must score. Minimum 60% ( 50% for SC/ST/PwD) in Mathematics and Science subjects (PCB) in class 12th. Candidates also have to obtain at least 75% ( 65% in case of SC/ST/PwD) in class 10.
Eligibility:- Qualifying exams:- Candidate who has 1st year of UG Program in Basic Science can apply for this exam.
Candidates must score at least 60%.
• BENEFITS:- KISHORE VAIGYANIK PROTSAHAN YOJANA 2020 (KVPY)
- It’s a scholarship.
- One major benefit of this scheme is it offers scholarships to talented students.
- It is Rs 5000 a month for the first 3 years of UG ( under graduation) course of students of science and medicine.
- It is Rs 7000 a month for higher education up to Pre- Ph.D. level.
- An additional amount of Rs20,000 will be provided to students each year for the first three years and increase to Rs 28,000 during the following years.
It helps students to have more knowledge information about the technical skills and also in research projects too where they can carry out projects under the supervision of scientists or scholars.
And this scheme opens up various new avenues for students. And lots of benefits this Yojana contains.