TakingA Screenshot on iPhone X, iPhone XS, XS Max, and iPhone XR
The process of taking a screenshot is almost the same for all models that are iPhone X, iPhone Xs, Xs Max, and iPhone XR.
1) Select the screen or application screen that you want to take a screenshot.
2) Press the side button. Also known as the sleep/wake/power button, the large button located on the right side of your iPhone.
3) At the same time, also press the volume up button.
4) When the screen flashes white and the camera makes shutter sound, it’s completed. Make sure your phone is not in the silent mode otherwise you won’t hear the shutter sound.
Alternative method without using Sleep/Wake and Volume up Buttons.
• Go to Settings >Tap on General.
• Tap on Accessibility >Assistive Touch.
• Turn on Assistive Touch.
• Following the above steps open assistive Touch menu, tap Customize Top LevelMenu here, now you can choose the screenshot action from the open Menu options. Here, you can tap an icon to change it or add an additional one by clicking the plus sign icon in the bottom right corner. A list of different choices will appear and you can scroll down to add Screenshot. Also, you can choose from the menu to open up through single-tap, double-tap, long press, or 3D touch. If you’re only using Assistive Touch for screenshots, you can set the action of taking a screenshot to any of those custom actions as well.
• Capture the screenshot If you have chosen Open Menu format, press the AssistiveTouch button to open the menu and tap the Screenshot option. If you chose to only have AssistiveTouch perform screenshots, then you can tap on the button depending on the custom action you choose. In both the settings, the iPhone display will momentarily flash white which signals that it is completed and you will hear a dim shutter noise as well if the device isn’t in silent mode.
• Now you can view, edit, and share the screenshots, with this method photos save in the same way as with screenshots taken using physical buttons. It automatically saves Screenshots to photo album nevertheless you terminate it by swiping to the left.