Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) is a public, non-profit state university. It is wholly financed by the government of Himachal Pradesh and the University of Grants. It has a student portal that provides information to students about exams, results, and various other things. It’s being now convenient for students to simply log in to the website and search for the information they want. University being established in the year 1970 is considered to be the biggest university in the state.
It has now begun imparting distance education in 2007. Himachal Pradesh University is the first university in India to offer postgraduate courses in the field of commerce, training of teachers, social sciences, and humanities through distance education mode. Many students get enrolled in this distant education mode in an easy and convenient manner by the official website. Both undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available for regular and distant learning mode. Academic details are provided to students through the portal of the university.
STEPS TO LOGIN INTO THE PORTAL- [HIMACHAL PRADESH UNIVERSITY]
The student can log in to the portal through the enrolment number provided and another way is by making the user id. After creating the profile, below are the given steps for logging into the portal-:
First, visit the login portal of the website.
Then, select the program from UG and PG.
Then, fill the details for the enrollment number.
Then, enter the password.
Click on the Sign-in button after the verification of the details.
HPU CANDIDATE AND EXAM LOGIN STEPS
First, visit the exam and candidate login section on the official website.
Then, enter the user id and password.
Then, a puzzle will appear, and the answer to it has to be written in the space provided.
Then, check your details and click on the login option to continue.
If a student does not have a user id, then a new registration has to be done on the login page of the website. The option is provided on the login page for new registration. Click on the option and follow the instructions for registration and then log in for the required purpose.
LIST OF COURSES
On this portal, information related to courses, exam schedules, and student performance and results is provided. Teaching staff details, university staff details, course fee details, and almost everything is provided on the portal.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR HPU LOGIN
- To make sure that the student is logging in from the right page of the student portal and candidate login for the online exam.
- Student id should be created for logging into the student portal and to get registered also. An enrollment number can also be used.
- For downloading the mark sheet, students have to enter the login credentials to get access to the digital mark sheet, and then students can download it also.
- To download the admit card, this portal is used by entering the user id credentials in an accurate manner.
- Correct password and user id should be entered to log in into the profile.
- If the wrong password is entered multiple times, then user-id may get blocked.
- For login, the correct mobile number and email address should be registered with the university.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PORTAL- HIMACHAL PRADESH UNIVERSITY [HPU]
To provide all the details of exam schedules, course fees, teaching faculty, etc to students.
To provide students with an online distant mode of learning for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
To bring transparency in the system of education.
To provide them with the better and best education for their bright future.
To provide them all the information related to the university of the state.
To provide them with accurate information about the login procedure and creation of student profile on the portal.
To make it easy and convenient for students to seek the information they want.
The Portal also provides the details of the student’s attendance, previous and new task records, achievements of the students.
HOW TO CHECK THE RESULTS ON PORTAL?
• First visit the official website of the portal.
• Click on the news and announcements option.
• Students will be directed to the results section.
• Then, download the file in pdf form to check the results.
• Then, in the file information will be displayed like roll number, marks scored, date of the entrance exam, name of the program, counseling schedule, counseling venue, etc.
The merit list of the university is based on the marks scored by the student in the entrance exam. The list is combined which consists of all the streams and categories. The merit list is checked by the student who qualifies the entrance test. The details mentioned in the merit list include the name of the candidate, roll number, category rank, merit rank, marks, father’s name, and category of the program.