Gaura Devi Kanya Yojana 2020, This scheme is started by the Uttarakhand government’s chief minister. In this scheme, students who have passed 12 the class and are from BPL families i.e. below the poverty line families residing in rural areas will get the 50,000 of rupees of monetary help. The school board should be under central or state government. This amount of money will be given in the name of the girl. The yojana was started in November 2019.
Uttarakhand government aims to promote education for girls through this scheme. The government is also helping poor families financially. As in poor families, daughters are married off early and attention to their studies is not given at all and to bring improvement and change in the society and to encourage, promote education among girls, this scheme is launched by the Uttarakhand government. A fixed deposit is given which is valid for five years. Online registration is available or through the school principal girls can apply for this scheme.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME (GAURA DEVI KANYA YOJANA 2020)
• To promote the education of girls.
• To spread positive thinking towards the birth of girl child.
• To stop child marriage
• To stop female foeticide
• To provide girls with important health and education-related facilities.
• To make girls self-reliant
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME (GAURA DEVI KANYA YOJANA 2020)
According to the scheme, the amount of 50,000 will be given to poor girls.
It will help girls to gain equal respect in society.
Girls will be provided with education and health care facilities.
According to the scheme, girls will get the opportunity to study till 12th class.
There will be a reduction in female feticide.
Financial help by the government of poor families.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHEME (GAURA DEVI KANYA YOJANA 2020)
- The girl should be born in Uttarakhand.
- The family also should be the permanent resident of Uttarakhand.
- The family should belong to below the poverty line category, schedule caste and tribes are eligible for this scheme.
- The age of the girl should be less than 25 years.
- The student should be studying the school under the control of the central and state governments.
- The student must pass the 12th class from the Uttarakhand school board.
- Students outside the state are not eligible for it.
VARIOUS DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
• BPL card attested
• Income certificate
• Caste certificate
• Family register copy
• High school mark sheet
• Aadhaar, voter and ration card copy
• Photo, Email id, and mobile no.
• 12th-grade roll number
FEATURES OF THE SCHEME (GAURA DEVI KANYA YOJANA 2020)
An initiative by the Uttarakhand state government for poor girls’ education and its expenses.
The scheme is to educate girls as much as possible to eradicate child marriage.
The scheme helps to build equal respect for girls in society.
It also helps to highlight the importance of girls.
The scheme also helps to make girls self-reliable and educated.
Improvement in the thinking of the society about girls’ education.
Also, know- Bihar New Ration Card List 2020
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHEME?
1. Firstly, who is eligible for the scheme have to apply on the Uttarakhand gaura Devi yojana portal online.
2. Secondly, have to fill the form
3. Then, have to download and take a printout of the form.
4. Then, fill the form with the right, accurate information.
5. Then, after filling the form attach the required documents.
6. At last, submit the form in the related department of the office. So, this scheme helps in the improvement of the condition of girls of Uttarakhand in rural areas. Uttarakhand government through his scheme aims to welfare for the poor girls. Upliftment of the girls is directed in the scheme by providing them the required education. The required amount of money given is for valuable usage for a girl’s further education and her marriage. It also enables to highlight the importance of girls in family and society. Positive thinking is established towards the birth of a girl child in a rural family which is below the poverty line, schedule caste, and schedule tribes. Financial help is guaranteed to the BPL families in rural areas of Uttarakhand state. The scheme is eligible only to Uttarakhand state girls who are residing there.