The Punjab government has announced a free smartphone scheme to help the state’s people connect them with the world. Under this scheme, the students of the state will get the smartphone free of cost. The application process to get the benefits of the scheme is being conducted offline.
Due to COVID 19, the studies of the students have affected badly. The schools governed by the Punjab state are also teaching their students through a different medium. At this time, when students cannot go to school or talk to their teachers to discuss their problems, the smartphone can help them to connect with the internet. The Punjab state government will also provide free data to such students.
The scheme is launched by the Chief Minister of Punjab Captain Amrinder Singh. The CM of Punjab launched the scheme through video conferencing on Youth Day. Eligible candidates will get a Lava Z61 smartphone under this scheme. While launching the scheme, the CM of Punjab mentioned that the distribution of smartphones was a part of their manifesto for the election campaign for the Chief Minister.
The government of Punjab is introducing many schemes for the betterment of the people of the state. To stop the spread of COVID 19, the Punjab government has also imposed the state’s lockdown. The lockdown has affected many people all over the country, and the Punjab government is introducing many schemes for those who are badly affected due to this.
Look at the Smart Connect Scheme’s key points introduced by the state government of Punjab during the lockdown:
- The scheme will be implemented now, but it was announced a long time back During the election campaign for the CM post. The scheme was named as ”Punjab smart connect scheme.” It was also a part of the state’s budget for 2019-20.
- The scheme was initially announced for the girls’ students of the state, but some new changes have been implemented in it due to the present situation. Now the students of class 12th (both boys and girls) will get a smartphone from the state government free of cost.
- Only those students will get the smartphones who don’t have one to join the online classes.
- The students will get the mobile phones from the Indian smartphone manufacturer company named LAVA International Ltd. The company and the Punjab state government have signed a contract for smartphone distribution at a competitive price.
- The state authorities have decided to distribute 1.6 lakhs smartphone among the students of the state.
Also read: PM KISAN YOJANA
Who are Eligible to Get the Benefits of Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme
We have mentioned the basic eligibility to get a smartphone of Lava from the state government of Punjab. Now let’s know more about the eligibility criteria set by the authorities for the applicants. The ਪੰਜਾਬ ਮੁਫਤ ਸਮਾਰੋਹ ਯੋਜਨਾ will be given only to those students who will fulfill the below-mentioned criteria;
- The applicants must be a student of the state education board of Punjab.
- He/She must be a student in a government school.
- Candidate must have qualified class 10 and studying in class 11th or 12th.
- This scheme is only for Punjab’s residence, so the students must have residence proof of Panjab.
- To get a smartphone, the annual income of the family must be less than 6 Lakhs.
List of Required Documents
If you fulfill the criteria and become eligible to apply for the scheme, then keep the following documents ready with you. Applicants must have the following documents to get a smartphone from the state government.
- Aadhar Card
- Residence certificate or Domicile Certificate
- School id card
- Mobile number of applicant
- Four Recent Passport size photo
Beneficiary List of Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme
The beneficiaries’ list of this scheme is not available online. The scheme is launched for the students of class 12th, so a local list or school level list will be available with the school administration/ so the applicant can check it with them. Though the scheme is for the students of class 12th beneficiaries of the scheme will be subject to eligibility criteria. Here you can check some important points related to the scheme quickly;
How to apply online for Punjab Smartphone Scheme Booking 2020-21
The state government of Punjab has planned to introduce an online platform to the beneficiaries of the scheme. The eligible applicants were to apply online to get the scheme’s benefits, but now it has changed. Due to lockdown and Pandemic, many changes have been implemented in the scheme. Now students are not to apply online to get the benefit of the scheme. Students will have to contact the school administration. The school authorities will prepare a list of the beneficiaries list and share it with state government officials.