EWS certificate is issued to the persons belonging to the Economically Weaker Section category of the society. EWS may be a new reservation sub-category under the overall category. It is a sort of reservation scheme that came into effect in 2019. On 14th January 2019, Gujarat became the first state to enact this law.
EWS reservation scheme has been introduced to supply 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts & services within the Govt. of India to persons who belongs to the EWS category and aren’t covered under the other reservation scheme like SC, ST and OBC category.
EWS certificate is an income certificate issued to the citizens belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society (EWS category under General category). On the idea of an EWS certificate, a private can avail the advantage of reservation of 10% for the EWS section in government jobs and better educational institutions across the country. To claim the advantage of a 10% EWS reservation in any govt. job or admission in education, candidates need to essentially produce the valid EWS certificate issued by the competent authority.
|Enacted by||Government of India|
|Name of Law||Economic Weaker Section Bill|
|Issued to||Economical Weaker Section (EWS)|
|Mode of application||Online/offline|
|Validity of certificate||1 year|
Check who are covered under EWS category and are eligible to use for EWS certificate given below-
- Persons who are not covered under the reservation scheme for SC, ST, and OBC category and the gross income of their family is less than 8 Lakh per annum. (Here family income includes earning from all sources such as agriculture, salary, profession, business, etc.)
- Persons whose families have possession of the following assets (irrespective of family income) are going to be not categorized under the EWS category-
- 5 acres of agricultural land & above,
- Residential plot of 100 square yards & above in notified municipalities,
- The residential area of 1000 square feet & above,
- Residential plot of 200 square yards & above in areas aside from the required municipalities.
How to fill EWS Certificate application form?
The application for the difficulty of an EWS certificate is often submitted online or offline. It totally depends upon the state government. For online application, you’ve got to go to the official website of the issuing authority and choose the relevant link and proceed further as per the provided instructions.
In the case of offline applications, persons need to collect the appliance form from the issuing authorities. They can also download the appliance format from the official websites. The link for the form is additionally shared below during this section. They have to print the application form and fill all the asked details. They must be careful while filling the information in the form.
The information that’s required to be filled in EWS form includes- Name of the state govt., Name of the applicant, name of the father/husband, address, fiscal year , caste, and attested passport-sized photograph.
Applicants also are required to form payment of a nominal application fee. The amount of application fee depends on the authority issuing the EWS certificate and also on the government. It simply means application fee won’t be uniform altogether the states.
EWS Certificate Issuing Authorities
Income and Asset certificates are going to be issued and verified by the varied identified authorities in each state. However, the issuing authorities are different but the format of the application form has been prescribed by the concerned ministry of the Government of India which is the same for all the states.
Have a look at the names of all the authorities given below which has been identified for the issue of the certificate-
- District Magistrate (DM) /Additional District Magistrate (ADM) / Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ first class Stipendiary/ Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Executive Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the world where the applicant or his family normally resides.
EWS Certificate Document Required
Applicants are required to surround all the required documents with the appliance form. They must have the following documents and details alongside them at the time of filling the appliance form-
- Aadhaar Card
- Id Proof
- Affidavit/Self Declaration
- Land/property documents
- Residential proof/Domicile Certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
- Other relevant documents
The aforementioned list of documents varies state to state as per their rules. Applicants are therefore advised to go to the EWS certificate issuing authority and collect all the important information.
EWS Application Form Status Check
There are various states during which EWS applications are often submitted online. The online portal also provides them an opportunity to track the application status. They can track their application status just by using the appliance number.
It is compulsory for all the applicants to retain their application numbers in order that they will check the appliance status online.