Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana 2020-21, The scheme is launched by the West Bengal government recently in a budget speech. Landless laborers and the unorganized sector will benefit from this scheme. The department of finance has allotted rupees 500 crores for the smooth functioning of the scheme. Over 1.18 crore of families is being enrolled under this scheme. The scheme is to work towards the social welfare of the landless laborers and the whole unorganized sector of West Bengal state.
Name of Scheme -Samajik Suraksha Yojana 2020
Name of State – West Bengal
Official Website– Wblabour.Gov.In
Department – West Bengal Labour Department
Beneficiary – Workers Of Unorganised Sector
Category – Pension Scheme
Launching Date – April 2017
The welfare of the unorganized sectors like transport and construction workers are given free of cost benefits under this scheme which includes compensation for accidental death o disability, health facilities, a grant for children’s education. Provident fund benefits by the age of 60 years or on death and discontinuation of the scheme. Under this scheme, the state government of West Bengal will provide whole funding for the provident fund. It is expected to benefit approx 1.50 crore families.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE SCHEME (BINA MULYA SAMAJIK SURAKSHA YOJANA)
Residential proof that the applicant is permanently residing in the state.
Income details of the applicant as the government have set a certain limit on income.
Identity details in which they will showcase that they belong to West Bengal state only.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE SCHEME
Residential documents to know that applicant is native of the West Bengal state only.
Income certificate in which annual income will be showed at the time of registration. It will enable us to know whether the applicant is eligible to get the benefit of the scheme or not.
An identity proof that includes Aadhaar card, voter id which will be checked by high officials.
Bank details will be given like account numbers in which the amount of the scheme will directly be credited to the account of the applicant.
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME (BINA MULYA SAMAJIK SURAKSHA YOJANA)
• It provides facilities to the unorganized sector like transport and construction workers and landless workers.
• Scheme will provide a degree of security of income when faced with difficulties of old age, disability, incapacity in bringing up children, free health scheme facility, pension scheme, etc.
• Free provision of the provident scheme in which a person of 60 years of age will get 2.5 lakhs of the amount of money.
• Health and family welfare scheme for medical help.
• Death and disability benefit in terms of life insurance under the scheme in which in case of natural death the number of rupees 50,000 and in case of accidental death the amount of 2,00,000 will be given by the West Bengal Government. For disability, the amount of money is from 50,000 to 2 lakhs of rupees which will depend upon the level of disability the person is suffering from.
• Scholarships in education will also be given under the scheme in which the son and daughter of the applicant will be given financial assistance by the government of West Bengal until graduation in which up to two daughters will be given the benefit of rupees 2500/-.
ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE SCHEME (BINA MULYA SAMAJIK SURAKSHA YOJANA)
Go to the official website of the government for registering under the scheme.
Then, click on the not existing option of worker type.
Fill the application form step by step with all the necessary details.
Then, upload all the documents.
Make the final submission of the form.
If the application is approved then one will get the Samajik Mukti Card, scheme passbook, and identity card.
CATEGORY/TYPES OF UNORGANIZED SECTOR ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE SCHEME
- Automobile repairing garages
- Cottage and village-based cottage industries
- Paper board and strawboard industry
- Plastic industry
- Power loom
- Printing Press
- Security Agencies
- Shops which are having less than 20 workers.
IMPORTANT FEATURES OF THE SCHEME
Bima Mulya Samajik yojana initiated by the finance minister of West Bengal has requested the inclusion of landless laborers also.
The number of families has opted for this scheme and the number has increased up to 1.8 crores of families.
People who belong to the unorganized sector will be provided with the benefits of provident funds and many other benefits.
The age limit is 60 years for availing for this scheme.
Laborers do not have to pay for the premium associated with the provident fund.
There are benefits after the death also under the scheme which includes 2 lakhs of rupees for the family and for disable person 1 lakh of rupees.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME (BINA MULYA SAMAJIK SURAKSHA YOJANA)
To do the social welfare of the landless laborers and unorganized sector.
To provide them financial assistance.
Workers of the unorganized sector will be able to reap the benefits of the scheme free of cost.
The government has taken initiative to help the families of landless laborers living in West Bengal state.
The scheme is for the economic development of workers and laborers of the unorganized sector.